Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Ready......Aim.....

You’ve heard it before, “if you aim at nothing, you’ll probably hit it”. That’s the reasoning behind having a schedule. It’s a plan for my day. And it’s an important element to keep me focused on what I need to accomplish each day. Here’s how I came up with mine:

Questions to ask yourself:

What are the most important things I need/want to accomplish daily?
What seems to be my “weak” area?
What time do we want to start our day?
How much time would it actually take to do our academics?

I think the easiest way to make a schedule is to start from your “beginning school” time. From there count back to a time when you need to be up to do things for yourself before everyone else is up. Give yourself enough time to get your Bible reading done and have your day planned.

Continue to fill in the time slots with priority items: breakfast, lunch, chores, phonics, workout, etc. (the “needs”)

Maybe you even need to schedule a play time or a reading time with your children. (those “weak” areas that you might let slide if it’s not written down)

Make it as detailed as necessary to help keep you moving and accomplishing what you desire to do each day.

After making your schedule, try it out for a day or two. You may need to make adjustments. Remember, this should be something to help you, not overwhelm you. It’s a starting place, a guide, something to help you stay focused and on track.

Let me know if it works for you and share your schedule with the rest of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!