I’ll shamelessly admit it. I have a Myspace, a Facebook, and even a AIM instant message account.
Some of my younger teens wanted to have a Myspace. So, I decided to check it out for myself.
· I’ve learned more about my kids (even my grown ones!) and their friends than I would have ever known otherwise.
· I’ve been able to stay in touch with my friends on a different level than e-mail or phone.
· I’ve “met” some really great people from my church and other groups because of the technology
· It’s a fun way to communicate with my children, even the ones living in the same house!
· Some of the advertising on Myspace is unprincipled
· It can take quite a bit of time.
So far, the positives outweigh the negatives.
AIM – robinlmeadows
Do you have Facebook, Myspace or AIM? Sign up for yours today, then send me a friend request!