Sunday, March 02, 2008

Grands are GREAT!

Have I told you Dirk and I have six grandchildren? Yeah....they're the BEST! They're cute and funny!

Our daughter, Ali and her husband, Brad are the parents of our grandaughter, Lily, 3 years old. Ali is a hair stylist and works from her home. Last week she was cutting a client’s hair when Lily came in and informed the guest, “My mama and daddy say ‘dang it’.

Kaden, 4, our oldest grandson, was over yesterday and saw Kody’s Bible. He said, “You have a Bible too? What’s your Bible about? My Bible is about Jesus!”

Last year, before Jon left for Iraq, I phoned over to Jon and Erin’s house, and Kaden answered the phone. We chatted for a minute, then I asked him, “Can I talk with your mom?” He answered, “No, she’s in the shower……. with my dad”.

OK – you know it’s happened to you lately. Tell some of your kids’ funny comments.

10 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought when I read, "she's in the shower... with my dad" was "dangit..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites is when we were at wal mart and I was looking at a pair of black workout pants and Lily says "you already have those at home MOM" I put them down very quickly and walked away.

    I love that kid's are so honest. Makes you want to watch what you say or do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, good job. You taught Erin to conserve water :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes that is funny. I thought I was the only one that would blog on embarrassing moments today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont have kids but I have nephews!!!!My favorite story is when Dylan was just brought home from the hospital and was crying. Jacob (3 at the time) walks up to his Mom and says..."you know there were other babies at the hospital maybe you should take this one back"...dont you just love big brothers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it was time to stop dressing in front of the toddler when he looked at my "womanly-challenged-upper torso" and said, "Mom, you have big muscles..." Umm, they're not muscles, and God love him for sayin' they're big... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys left great and funny comments---THANKS!

    Today Kaden was over and wondered if we had the movie "David and Goliath II and III". He said they only have the first David and Goliath at his house. But they do have "Spiderman I, II and III".

    LOL - kids are GREAT---grands are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son asked me the other day (I breastfeed). Mom did God put a milk factory inside of you? Love it!

    BTW - your grandbabies are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang that's funny! Yeah, I remember when Tate said that to Kim! Ha-larious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the funniest things that I can remember is when Mesa (age 4) and Kaden (age 3) were playing out in the backyard. Mesa said, "Kaden, 'member growing up out here?"

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!