Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Go Fly a Kite!


A couple of weeks ago, Dirk and I headed the motorcycle out to Lake Overholser in west Oklahoma City. We came upon a new park, Route 66 Park, located on the southwest side of the lake.

This park is a delight!

It’s worth the drive. Take a picnic and plan on spending a few hours. Take a kite. Take your roller blades or skateboards. (Come on, you know you want to). I’m looking into one of those new wave boards. Looks like FUN!
; -) There are large ponds and a really nice, big playground area.
Explore the Route 66 sidewalk at the south end of the park and you’ll feel like you did school for the day. It’s like an outdoor museum!

Whatever you decide to do there, make plans to go! You won’t be disappointed.
Have you been here? Are you going? Do you want a wave board too? ; )

11 comments:

  1. sounds fun! definately planning on checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definately check it out! Thanks for the tip, lately we have been going to a parking lot so hubby can roller blade, I can fly a kite, and the kids can ride their stuff, this park sounds right up our alley...and we can do school too? WOO-HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! We are looking into getting Brian another motorcycle. When we do we must have a ride date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like watching the kite surfers at hefner. But we will need t check this one out

    ReplyDelete
  5. where is lake overholister? i've lived in ok almost my entire life and I've never heard of it. sounds like fun. we took the kids to arcadia on sunday, we hiked, played in the water, it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay robin, you ROCK! I just clicked your link to see what a wave board was....holy cow I can barely ride my sons skateboard. Now, I am going to have to get one just to say I conquered the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, Drive out on 39th street to the old 66 bridge and turn south. Or, go all the way west on 23rd street. The lake is just past Council Road.

    I'll meet you there for wave boarding! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this park. Joshua and I use to live near it and have made some wonderful family memories. Now that I am in the Edmond world I have forgotten it is there. I hope to be intentional about getting the fam out there again. SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robin...Tomorrow is the big day for the sweet homecoming of Jon, right? You have to give him an extra big hug from all of us faceless blogger that have been praying for him. May God continue to bless all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, so how fun are you and your man?! How exciting that you all went to the lake. We were planning on heading up to Arcadia one day soon, but we may take a trip to Overholister instead! Let me know about the wave board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is Lake Overholser---just so you know.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!