Wednesday, June 18, 2008

They're Driving Me Crazy!


We’ve all said it at one time or another.

“My kids are driving me crazy!”

Guess what?

Our kids aren’t driving us crazy. God is using them to refine us!

The daily grind of wiping noses, bottoms and spills, dealing and dealing again with bickering, fussing and disobedience, and trying to keep our homes and ourselves in some sort of order aren’t making us crazy. (well, maybe they are sometimes) ; )

Those things are actually working in us tenderness, love, compassion, patience and many other virtues that are turning us into a person who looks more and more like Jesus.

Learn to recognize what we see as overwhelming, near impossible situations and circumstances, God sees as the way to Him.

2 Corinthians 2:17 So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.

8 comments:

  1. Love that verse...is that The Message?

    Thank you Jesus for your patience with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say this about a million times a day! Thanks for putting it into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping this in mind has TOTALLY changed my attitude on so very many days.

    Thanks Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH yes, he does a work in my because of my short people. Thankfully, I listen on most days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reminder. Mine are teenagers and I am learning a lot of refining right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mamma Meadows! I need this everyday. I am going to print that verse. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They may not be making us crazy, but they sure can make us cry.

    Especially when they spill powdered sugar glaze all over the newly mopped floor at 5:30 a.m. and you're not even awake yet.

    For example.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!