Monday, December 08, 2008

Russian Tea

One of the first really cold days this fall one of my classmates came
to school with a hot thermos of Russian Tea. She let me have a sip and
of course I asked for the recipe.

I made the tea as a before/after Thanksgiving meal treat. It was a hit!
russian20tea1
Russian Tea

2 family sized tea bags
4 oranges
4 lemons
peppermint sticks (as much as you like)
1 cup of sugar

Brew the tea bags according to package. Juice the oranges and lemons;
add to tea. Simmer on stove, add sugar (I used splenda so you don't
have to use as much) and peppermint sticks. Stir while sugar and
peppermint dissolve. Serve hot with an extra peppermint stick.
peppermint1
Everyone really enjoyed it and it is great for this cold weather we'll
be having.

**Watch for my special Christmas drink, hot red wine cider!

n44013499_32211367_8695





Katie

5 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a friend on Saturday about drinking Russian Tea as a little girl. But ours always had Tang in it. Hmmmm.

    Gonna try this recipe. Makes me feel young(er) again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I don't believe I have ever had Russian Tea. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was YUMMY! :)

    Can't wait for the hot red wine cider! Christmas Eve?
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds way better than egg nod

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dusty--I saw a lot of recipes that used Tang. I guess it would have pretty much the same flavor, maybe a little more artificial! Hope you like this version.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!