Monday, January 11, 2010

Dear Future Husband (Part One)

I've been cleaning out some old stuff and discovered a small gold mine of Katie and Anna's old spiral notebooks. The notebooks we used for their schoolwork.

One of the prized writings I found was a letter Katie wrote to her future husband.....when she was only 13 years old!

I remember giving Anna and Katie the assignment. I don't remember if I offered any suggestions as to content, but I do know the things they wrote must have helped in giving them direction for the qualities and character they were looking for in a young man. They chose well!

Anna recently shared with me that she saved the letters written to her future husband and presented them in a book to her to-be husband, Cody Light, the week they were to be married, August 7, 2009. Wow! Wish I had done something like that!

So, if you're single, consider doing something similar for your future husband. And really, I guess it's never too late to start writing letters to our husbands. Think I'll give it a start!

I'll post Katie's letter to her future husband next blog. She's quite the prophetess. Come back and see what her 13 yo heart knew even before she married Alexander. Maybe Anna will share some of hers as well.

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what about guys writing to their future wives? Think of what a cool gift that would be to receive!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!