Monday, September 17, 2007

Lasting Effects #3


The “H” Word

A big topic in our home for many years is something very important to my husband……heritage. It’s a word that has great meaning to our family, because my husband is a curse breaker. For several generations, the fathers in his family were non-participants. And he decided to change that. So, the concepts of being a father who is involved in every area of his family’s life and the importance of leaving the next generation with a godly heritage were spoken of often. So often, in fact, that when the subject was brought up again and again, our children began saying in a teasing way, “Dad…..not the “H” word!”

Today, a sign hangs in my husband’s office. It’s a handmade wallhanging made by my oldest daughter. It says, “Heritage--- practices that are handed down from the past from heir to heir.” I know my children will never forget the “H” word and the importance of leaving behind that godly heritage.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you're back to posting regularly!!!! I love popping over here in the morning to see what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!