Thursday, November 27, 2008

ManyThanks

The Simms family is so thankful to have Jon back well and safe with us this holiday season.  Last year just wasn't the same without him.  This has been a year of blessings after a year of sacrifice.  There are many material things that we have been blessed with this year, but overall the closeness we have in our family is what we are most grateful for.

img_9591-1





 Erin

  ===================================================================================








I'm thankful for.......

My Jesus who gives grace.

My sweet husband for always being there for me, I grow to love him more everyday.

My girls, they are teaching me about myself everyday. 

And of course my coffee!


ali1





 Ali

 =================================================================================I'm thankful for health, joy, laughter, and imagination. I am thankful to be marrying a man who loves me for me and comes from a godly family that loves spending time together. I'm thankful for friends who push me to be exactly who I desire to be. I'm thankful to daily (re)discover who I am and Whose I am.


 cross


 Abbi



==================================================================================

 I am thankful for all of God's blessing in my life.

My family, they are always there for me.

From my husband, offering me love and support everyday and encouragement to press on in the hard days. to my mom and dad and brothers and sisters, any of them I can go to for an ear to listen, to my neices and nephews who make me laugh and remind me to really experience life, not just live it.

I'm thankful for my friends who are as close to me as family.



My school, which most of the time I do not act thankful for is really a blessing in my life. It is teaching me what I need to know to fulfill my purpose in life. It is close by so I can walk to school. And even though I complain about it all the time and say it is too hard, I am thankful for my clinicals and the children that I get even just the slightest chance to be a good influence on (when they are not pulling my hair or calling me bad names ;)

I am thankful for my work whereI get to practice compassion and love on every person that comes through the door (some are more difficult than others). And I get to share with others why I love people like I do, no matter what they have done or what they smell like ;).



Most of all I am thankful for how all of these things work together to bring out the life that God has brought to me. It is a blessing in itself to have the feeling that you are fulfilling God's will in your ife through everything you are doing.

Lastly, I am thankful for this school break. A time where I can rest in Jesus, spend time with my family and friends, catch up on school and work a few extra hours. Life is good. God is good.



Wow, mine is sappy. That's not like me ;)





  n44013499_32211367_8695



 Katie



 ================================================================================

This year, more than ever, I can honestly say I'm most thankful for my family and friend relationships. I'm beginning to see that at this time in my life, they are the only things that matter. Working with students, who have no positive family unit to which they belong, has opened my eyes to how truly special my family unit is (special and weird! But in a good way...) I'm also so blessed with amazing life-long friendships. Two people (Besides Cody who is my best friend) come to mind when I think about life-long friendships. Mike Hodnett and Jeremy Baldwin. I love those guys as if they were my very own brothers. What was my life like before I knew them? I can't express in words how thankful I am for these rich relationships. My heart threatens to burst every time I think of it. Thank you God, for my family and friends.

anna-new







Anna

==================================================================================

I am thankful for the response to God that my family has, from my dad all the way to my youngest son. 

 sulphur-springs-8-8-08-043



 Dirk



 ===================================================================================

I am so thankful for the love of my family and the love they have for one another.  And I am also blessed by the new relationships that I have found this year, many coming from the on-line world!  Are you one of them?  

 wendys-wedding-018-edit_edited-2




 Robin



Add your thoughts to ours.  What are you thankful for this year?

4 comments:

  1. First, I am thankful to be alive! I am thankful for every family member, most of which are not with me today. I am thankful for the many friends that help me keep in touch withwhat is happening in their lives via email and FaceBook. I am very thankful to be living on the road and seeing this beautiful country God has planted me in and meeting so many peope as we travel. God has been VERY GOOD to me. Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Thankful for many things. The first would be my relationship with God. I know it might sound corny but LifeChurch and Richard has held my hand through the process. I am thankful to be going on 9 years of no cancer. I am thankful for my amazing son who is the foundation of my life. I am thankful for all the people good and bad that I had to come in contact with just to learn what God has planned for me. I am thankful for having an education, a roof over my head, clothes to wear and a car to drive. I am thankful that I live in a country where it is okay to speak my mind...and of course I am thankful for the girls in my small group who are always there to give support and understanding, no matter how much I ramble.... Peace to all and have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the Many Meadows...

    I am thankful for so many things. God has blessed me abudantly. This means that I am rich in love, caring and life. We can sit here all day and make a list of the things we would like to have or change or that are missing but when we sit back and look around I see how blessed we all truly are! I know that you all do to.

    One of the things that I am most thankful for this year is being included in your family. You all have made me feel welcomed and loved. From those beautiful grands up to Robin and Dirk. My heart is full of love for you all. I can't wait to get back and hug you all.

    Thank you so much for opening your home, lives and hearts to me. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful that God can and does use me even though I am so far from perfect. I am surprised, when I am flailing around trying to keep my feet under me, He chooses to use me to touch someone's life. I am humbled and hopeful. I love Him to the core of my being...that's where He is...right in the middle of the mess that is---me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!