Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Psalm for Moms

David wasn’t a mom, but it sure seems like he knew how a mom can feel sometimes.

Read this on those days when you're overwhelmed by your job and feeling like your own children might be the “enemies" and “persecutors”.

You’ll feel better, I promise! ; )

And don't forget who is your real enemy.


Psalm 142

I cry out to the Lord;
I plead for the Lord’s mercy.

I pour out my complaints before him
and tell him all my troubles.

When I am overwhelmed,
you alone know the way I should turn.

Wherever I go,
my enemies have set traps for me.

I look for someone to come and help me,
but no one gives me a passing thought!

No one will help me;
no one cares a bit what happens to me.

Then I pray to you, O Lord.
I say, “You are my place of refuge.

You are all I really want in life.
Hear my cry, for I am very low.

Rescue me from my persecutors,
for they are too strong for me.

Bring me out of prison
so I can thank you.

The godly will crowd around me,
for you are good to me.”


Feel better now?

5 comments:

Ali Ruhman said...

That's good!

Theresa said...

Very Good Stuff to remember. Somewhat of a comfort at the moment!

Have a blessed day!!

Roger Garrett said...

love it

Kim Heinecke said...

Right in line with something I'm noodling about "victims".

Blessings on your day!

Dusty said...

if you tune into my post tomorrow, you'll so see why i needed this.