Monday, July 28, 2008

We're Having A Daughter!


“I’m going to be your daughter!”
She enters with our oldest son, Andrew, a smile bigger than the one she usually wears, if that is even possible.

And we couldn’t be happier. Abbi Zeliff is going to be our daughter-in-love!

Sierra (9) and Mesa (6), Andrew’s daughters, were at our house waiting for their dad to get back from his special date with Abbi.

That is when Mesa first heard the news. She was so excited. She kept asking, “Mimi, aren’t you so excited for us?” and “Mimi, are you coming to our wedding?” and “We have to make sure Aunt Erin, Aunt Ali, Aunt Anna and Aunt Kate-Kate come to our wedding”.

I understand Sierra has already started a notebook called “Wedding Ideas”.

And I was teary all day since Andrew told me that morning that he was asking her to marry him.
He called his dad and all his siblings to tell them---now that’s a few phone calls.

But, I lost it again that evening when he asked Sierra and Mesa to walk him down the aisle at the wedding.

Abbi will be posting the story that leads up to Andrew’s question tomorrow. Don’t miss it. It will bless you, I promise!

I couldn’t be happier if I had chosen her myself….oh wait! Maybe I did! ; )

13 comments:

  1. Perfect. Just perfect. AND, you did pick me. And I'm so glad. :)

    I love you, Mama Meadows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the Many Meadows continues to grow and be blessed!

    Congratulations to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!!! that is sooo exciting!!! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!
    My boys walked me down the aisle when I married Chad. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIG SMILE. Love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Is she by chance going to make her own cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roger, she is indeed! ;) Her mom is going to help and make her dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! What exciting news!!! Congrats to everyone. God is amazing. I love a good love story. It is wonderful when HE writes our love story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tremendous blessing! So, so happy for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! I just love your family so much! The thought of calling his parents and all his siblings. You are such a close family that is focused on God...it is obvious. I want my family to be just like yours!!! You are my dream family. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!