Monday, May 12, 2008

What I Always Wanted to Be

Yesterday was another delightfully crazy, loud and boisterous day at The Meadows’.

Mother’s Day.

I know most of you moms did your usual things yesterday on your “special” day. ;) Early in the day I vacuumed, mopped, gardened, ran the dishwasher and washing machine, cleaned bathrooms.

While I was vacuuming I was thinking, “Hmmm…vacuuming on Mother’s Day.” Then, I thought, “You know, it’s what I do…..and I love it”. I really love my job. I’m a mom. I take care of things. It’s what I was created to do and to be.

I’m satisfied and blessed.

If you’re a mom, I hope today finds you satisfied and blessed too. (And even if you’re not a mom, I still hope you are satisfied and blessed!)
Me with my mom and sister, Cristi

Me with my girls and some more of my girls

PS - I had lots of help from my sons yesterday. Andrew did the cooking, Jacob washed windows, and Kody helped Dirk on the new deck. But I didn't get any pictures with them!

12 comments:

  1. Robin! You cleaned bathrooms on Mother's Day? Please tell me that it was because you were having all of those people over...

    You are so right. It is such a blessing to be the mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy and blessed, but I must admit I did NO cleaning! Of course, no one else did, either, so that was probably a mistake. :)

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...I cleaned. ; )(lightly)
    We had 23 people coming! It was a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun to be with lots of people! Mother's Day isn't really about getting to do what we want to do (like napping, going to the spa or something dreamy like that) it's really more about just doing regular mom stuff and getting extra kudos for it...

    You cleaned house. I made baby food and went trail riding w/ my guys. Nothing glamorous but very MOMish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to church, took my wife's mom to lunch (we sent my parents to the Gaither concert in Tulsa Sat night), went to Granny's (Liz's grandma) grave site in Piedmont with Liz's mom after lunch, and then we headed home for a relaxing night of playing Rock Band on the xbox 360. We had a good time...now back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO much fun! We love you, Mama Meadows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am blessed. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you enjoyed, good to hear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesterday was fun! You know what I think though - it's really silly that they have to have a "special day" for mothers when you're "supposed" to appreciate mom's. Wouldn't it be better to just appreciate mom's any day of the year - not because you "have" to on that particular day? Anyway, I appreciate you mom & I do every day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve cleaned the whole house including the bathrooms, planted flowers and cooked everything for 13 people for dinner. I went to church and to bacchalaureate with Mandy. It was a great Mother's Day. The only thing that would have been better is to still have all of our "moms" living.

    (I'm kind of spoiled...Steve does these things a lot of the time, not just for Mother's Day.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!