Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Vines

Many cucumbers, winter squash and tomatoes grow on vines.


Without a stationary fence, support or boundary, these vines will grow all over the place.

Do not move the ancient boundary which your fathers have set. Prov. 22:28


Those vines send out tendrils just searching for a support, a boundary. They will reach for whatever they can find to attach to.

For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus. Phil. 2:21



They must be trained back to the boundary or support system.

Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.
Prov. 22:6


Sometimes a vine will even break during the training process, but it is rarely damaging to the plant. In fact, it continues to thrive.

Don't be afraid to correct your young ones; a spanking won't kill them. A good spanking, in fact, might save them from something worse than death. Prov. 23:14

When fruiting vines are grown on a trellis or other support, there is less chance for rotting or disease. The fruit will be healthy.

So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Gal. 6:9



Think there's an analogy here?

11 comments:

  1. Next week, I think, I'm going to dedicate my blog posts to you... I'll be talking about plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you just born this smart? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good! You can learn so much from a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Analogies at it again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just in time. Now where's my wooden spoon...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think so.

    I'm with Dusty. You were born this smart.

    Glad you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the vine stuff throughout the word! SOOOO rich with meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get there!!! I want face to face Robin wisdom. I am getting anxious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool cool. wow. you have a HUGE garden! the pictures just keep coming :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!