Thursday, September 25, 2008

From Generation to Generation

Today was my mom’s birthday. 

Three of our girls, my sister, our almost-daughter-in-love, and one of our granddaughters were together for lunch to celebrate her special day.

 

And look.

 

 



FOUR generations. Me, my mom, Ali and Lily.

I know, it’s not uncommon to find.  I have pictures of my daughters with my grandmother.  But, once again I was reminded of God’s love.  His love, poured down through four generations. 

And why is that?

The three moms in this picture have been intentional in their teaching of God, His Love, His ways.  But every daughter had to make that heart-choice for herself. 

As parents, we’re never guaranteed that our children will choose to wholeheartedly give themselves to Christ.  But, a life lived in loving and telling and showing our children the great love of our Father speaks volumes.  It did to me. 

…we will praise you forever;
       from generation to generation
       we will recount your praise.  Psalm 79:13


Maybe it begins with you.



Are you a first generation believer?  Or more?  









Robin 

11 comments:

  1. You all are beautiful. I love generation pictures!

    I come from a long line of Christian women that skipped my mom. Not sure what happened there.

    Welcome back. I have been missing you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious photo! God is good.
    I'm a third generation believer....I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making the right choices and sacrificing to raise us in a Godly home. It is amazing to not have any family baggage to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Grandma was a believer.
    My mom was a believer and an intentional "sharer" of her faith, which is making all the difference...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Look at all those blonds! ;)

    My grandparents and great-grandparents are and were, but somehow it skipped my parents and went straight to me (?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Previous generations have been church goers but being true believers I doubt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very much a first generation believer...and it shows ;) Pioneering is some tough work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin---you look beautiful in that photo!!! It is a precious picture. I'm a first generation believer--as you know. I like what Christie said pioneering is some tough work. My husband however, is a fourth generation believer on his mom's side. That helps balance things out a bit in our home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the replies and kind comments.

    Christie and Donna...pioneers do hard work! I'm so proud of you both and the choices you have made to lead your children to be followers of Jesus, even with no pattern before you. You're both doing great jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, it begins with me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!