Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In God's Name.....What Was He Thinking?

a donkey speaking to affect change?


 


 


 


a prophet asked to marry a prostitute?


 


 


 


the King of Kings born of a virgin?  in an obscure village?  With the animals?


 


 


 


a young girl positioning herself and using physical attraction to ask for the salvation of a nation?


 


 


 


a writer of much of the New Testament previously being a persecutor of the followers of Christ?


 


 


 


a mom of 5 for Vice President?


 


 


 



Hmmm.....In God's name?  What is He thinking????


 


 



"I don't think the way you think.
   The way you work isn't the way I work."
         God's Decree.
"For as the sky soars high above earth,
   so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
   and the way I think is beyond the way you think.  Isaiah 55:8-9

 



 


 


 


Robin

12 comments:

  1. Will we ever know? Interesting to think about actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what He's thinking but I can guess. Here's a thought of what He might say:

    "Well, my people again have put me in yet another box. Jesus, would you send Gabriel down to tell that servant girl, Mary, that she's going to get pregnant before she spends a night with her husband. And don't forget to tell her that I'm still in control."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good passage. I love that one. One of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where was I when He created the Heavens and the Earth? He is God and He does whatever He pleases.

    Why dip in the Jordan 7 times when God can just breathe that healing? I think God wants us to respond to Him in obedience. And, perhaps, it's our obedience at times that brings the healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe Palin wants to be vice so she can't get a break from her kids LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. God does seem crazy sometimes doesn't he? It makes us have to trust Him even more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way He thinks!!! So many surprises----reminding us that we are the clay and He is the potter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've said it before - the crazier the "solution" the more convinced I am it is the hand of God.

    We have to trust because I can never figure out the crazy stuff he does! (I mean that most respectfully, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is INDEED an awesome God - He is after all God. He has indeed shown his Glory in incredible ways. He is, however, still a God of order and detail and we forget that order that He so lovingly and dilligently established for us. For HIS glory and not our own. That is not putting God in a box, that is simply recognizing who God is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. jimmy paravane9/21/08, 3:44 PM

    ...a young black man who doesn't feel it's his job to orchestrate the overturning of Roe v Wade, continue the endless wars on terror, drugs, poverty...etc, but actually DO something about them instead, actually practice separation of church and state instead of forcing one particular religion on the entire country, His, because everybody else has the "wrong Jesus", tax the rich, help the poor, (yes, even you middle class poor, grin), change the laws of this land back to laws, instead of "guidelines" to be overlooked if he "needs" to, as president???
    What could He be thinking? (grin)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!