Monday, January 28, 2008

It Was One of Those Days......#2

So, we started school work again today after returning from our vacation. The boys were left with instructions to get some work done while we were gone, and they did pretty well. But, 7:30 am came suddenly this morning. My boys were NOT very excited about math, vocabulary, or even Bible memory work…not that they ever are, really. But we trudged on, with the usual mom-rhetoric, “We all have to do things we don’t like”, “Come on,” “Get goin’!” “Pay attention”. Some attitude started showing: the slam of a book, a sigh, a groan….and then the boys started having attitudes too! :-)

So, I’m just telling you…some days are plain H-A-R-D hard.

But, guess what! Tomorrow’s a new day. I think I can have a better attitude tomorrow, and I’ll bet my boys will too.

Thank God-------

Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning;

Great is Your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:22-23


9 comments:

  1. Robin- I have missed reading your blog! I'm so glad you were able to get away but "there's no place like home" and you are "home" to me. It's so hard coming back from vacation and getting back in the swing of things. Take it in strides:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I have a blog post from last week titled "One of those days", and here I thought I was the only one not achieving perfection. ;)

    David and I went on a tropical vacation in the fall and while I thought I would be all refreshed after and ready to go, the first day back was ROUGH...I kept looking for my tropical drink and wondering why there were kids everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm going to hold you accountable for not slamming books today :)

    You're the best, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addyson is a tad bit perfectionist, so teaching her anything is difficult. If she doesn't get it right away, we have to deal with complete meltdowns, marching away, etc. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back...and sounds like a good morning.

    My youngest was trying to play "sick" this morning, oh fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like my wife said above, she is a bit of a perfectionist. One time she did a sheet out of a workbook. She got all but one right...like 24/25. All she could focus was on that 1 wrong...she CRIED over it.

    It is encouraging to know that we aren't alone, though. I'm glad that we met you...you and your family are a blessing to us. It is great to know that this works with the success your kids have had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We too are having one of those days. I have quit for the day. Actually I quit at about 9 this morning and everyone is going crazy. So we are watching tv and waiting for daddy to get home. I wanted to steal Deleise's letter of resignation and turn it in to my husband. He would laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess we'll always have days like that. Today, ours was much better. Thanks for your thoughts.

    Christi-sweet words-Thanks!

    Cindy-no book slamming today - I'm not really a book slammer anyway. ; )

    Deleise - I actually had to cut up my own fruit this weekend---bah! I got spoiled!

    Elizabeth and Michael--I have one just like yours. He gets so frustrated when he gets something wrong. Another one of my older kids is like that too, but I won't name names here ;).

    Aaron - great blog--you guys should go read it!

    Gina-sometimes the best thing we can do is just step back and regroup. Hope your day is better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how happy I am that you are back.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!