Monday, March 24, 2008

Ouch....

A mother and her young son were standing in a long line at the grocery check out. She had only a few things to purchase in one hand and her other hand held the small hand of her son.

As his patience was wearing out from the lengthy wait, and his young energy could no longer be controlled, he began pulling away from his mom’s hand.

She had to hold tighter to keep him from running away.

“Ouch, Mommy, you’re hurting me!” he whined.

“It only hurts when you pull away”, his wise mother responded.
============================================

I’ve recalled this story many times when I’m just not trusting God; when I think He needs my help; when I’m pulling and tugging to get my way.

I’m still learning just to let my hand rest in His….it doesn’t hurt so much that way.



Ps. 37:7 Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.

9 comments:

  1. ohhhh... Good post mama m! Very true!! Looking back, the most hurt I had was when I was pulling away. Thanks! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder! I needed this today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true so true. My mom just used to threaten to leave me. I am Glad God doesn't ever do that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I've been feeling a little pain lately...I guess I must be pulling away a little and unintentionally hurting myself in the process. Thanks for the eye-opener.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!!!!!!

    Lengthy waits are hard for us, but often necessary!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!